19 New Year Resolutions For 2019
By: Mars Salazar
The new year is the perfect time to get rid of bad habits and start better ones. We’re sure you’ve made new year resolutions in the past, but were you able to keep them all?
Sometimes, the key is to start small. Focus on accomplishing realistic, achievable goals, and gradually work your way up. Start with these 19 resolutions.
1. Be kinder. Not just to others, but also to yourself.
2. Be smarter with your money. Instead of splurging on new clothes or treating yourself to fancy drinks every day, invest it in mutual funds or bonds, buy insurance, or use the cash to finance that short course you’ve always wanted to take. Speaking of courses you want to take…
3. Learn a new skill. Take painting lessons, enroll in a cooking course, maybe study how to code. It’s always great to invest in yourself, and it’s never too late to learn something new.
4. Be more understanding. We’re all going through our own struggles, and a little empathy in this day and age goes a long way.
5. Get more exercise. Walk more often. Take a yoga class with your friends. Go for a jog at the park. A little extra cardio never hurt anyone!
6. Read more. Aim to read at least one book each month. The books you choose should be relevant to your life and should help you become a better, wiser person. Make every word you read count.
7. Face your fears. The beauty of life lies in taking risks and leaping into the unknown. What’s the worst that could happen, anyway?
7. Lessen your sugar intake. It’ll do wonders for your health.
8. Go outside more often. Spend more time in the park near your apartment or the woods in your backyard. Go for a hike one weekend. Drive to the beach and bask in the sunshine. Enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature while you still can.
10. Go somewhere you have never been to. It doesn’t have to be an exotic foreign destination: You can simply visit a museum in town that just opened or drive to a town nearby. Stay curious and explore as much of the world as you could.
11. Be happy at your job. Or find a new job if you’re not happy where you are. And remember: A high salary doesn’t always guarantee that you’ll be fulfilled by what you’re doing.
12. Take better care of your skin. Wash your face every evening. Moisturize. And most importantly, use sunscreen daily—it helps keeps fine lines (and skin cancer) at bay.
13. Go for a checkup. Prevention is always better and cheaper than cure.
14. Reconnect with old friends. Give them a call if you’re in the area and set aside time for a quick catch-up.
15. Do volunteer work. Philanthropy will do wonders for your heart and soul.
16. Get more sleep.
17. Spend less time on your gadgets. The world’s too pretty to spend your days hunched down on your phone or computer.
18. Be more grateful and content.
19. Give your family a call every now and then. Better yet, share your milestones with each other using a Nixplay frame!
Happy new year, Nixplay family! Cheers to new beginnings and a brand new you! 🎉
Marianne is Nixplay’s Web Content Editor. Her hobbies include exploring new places, playing table tennis, and cuddling puppies. Send her a message at email@example.com.