Amazon Review Roundup: September 2018
By: Mars Salazar
Here at Nixplay, we value your feedback. Here are some of the reviews that really touched our hearts last month.
“Worth the money”
Product: Nixplay Original 15 Inch
“I really love my Nixplay frame! I’ve had it for about a year and it works perfectly. I love that I can view the pics I choose from years past as well as recent pics. I have 3 small kids and I don’t have time to scrapbook or make albums anymore, but of course, I have so many pictures of my family that I enjoy looking at. This frame has been the perfect way for me to do that with minimal effort. There are many ways to get your pics to Nixplay, but what I do is store all my pics on Google Photos and add my favorites to an album on Google Photos and just transfer that album to a playlist on my frame. You can have many different Nixplay albums, too. I am very happy that I got the 15″ frame. I like the larger size and feel it was worth the money. I find my children watching the frame and trying to [guess] who the baby in the picture is! I also got a frame for my parents and love that I can upload pics straight to their frame from my own home. Also, I recently discovered that Nixplay has excellent customer service. I just chatted with Joey through online and he was quick and very helpful!”
“The sensor is another great feature”
Product: Nixplay Seed 10 inch Widescreen
Reviewer: A. Mora
“An excellent product. Many options to choose from on your phone. Easy uploads from your device. You can upload photos from your phone, whenever. A nice clock option when asleep. The sensor is another great feature as well. As soon as you walk in the room it [begins] to shuffle. The only improvement it could use is a better way to stand the frame. The cord provides a decent stand, but it could be improved. Definitely worth the buy. I would purchase another.”
“I find myself often stopping to watch it”
Product: Nixplay Seed 10 Inch Widescreen
“I have had my Nixplay Wifi Photo Frame for about three years and absolutely love it. It now contains a wide variety of family pictures essentially creating a digital history of about three generations of our family. I find myself often stopping to watch it change to picture after picture, each with a special memory to offer. It performed flawlessly until recently when it suddenly failed to load after a power outage. I contacted Nixplay support today and was very ably and pleasantly assisted by Joe, who quickly diagnosed the problem and proceeded to lead me through its resolution. If you are looking for a convenient way to store and enjoy your photos, with the added benefit of being able to update them on-line, I would certainly recommend Nixplay.”
“My most favorite things in my home”
Product: Nixplay Seed 12 Inch
Reviewer: Robert Voiss
“I love my 3 Nixplay Frames. They are my most favorite things in my home! They all play continuously displaying both long ago memory photos as well as current photos allowing me and all my friends and family to [reminisce] about all the great times we’ve all had in the past!
My girlfriend and I give Nix-play frames as our go-to to gift for birthdays, holidays and any chance we get, love’em!”
“Very easy to set up out of the box”
Product: Nixplay Original 15 Inch
“This is the third Nixplay frame I bought (gave one to my parents and another to my in-laws).
- Very easy to set up out of the box. Only took 10 minutes from unboxing to the moment when photos started displaying on the frame (though it will take longer if it’s your first frame: you’ll need to upload photos to the cloud and create playlists).
- Works consistently and without any glitches as long as connected to wi-fi
- The interface is user-friendly for users with multiple frames: you can create and drop specific playlists onto specific frames you own. So even though our frame, my parents’ frame, and my in-laws’ frame get fed from the same cloud, they all display different playlists that I had set up.
- You can control settings for each frame separately. For instance, my parents and in-laws leave in different time zones from us–I can set up from my account when the three frames wake up and go to sleep based on the respective time zones
- I LOVE the integration with Dropbox–so convenient! You can just drop new photos into a designated folder on your laptop, which will update the corresponding Dropbox folder, which then will send new photos to the frame. So you actually don’t even need to get into your Nixplay account to get new photos to play on a frame
- The motion sensor works well. From my experience, it will turn the frame on if it detects motion as far as 10-15 feet away within a field of vision of 120-150 degrees (no clue if these are the actual specs–my guesstimate entirely).
CONS (very few):
- I believe the account comes with only 10GB of space on the cloud. In this day and age, this is nothing. I have close to 20,000 photos saved on my hard-drive. 10GB is only enough for about 10% of that. I think a more reasonable amount of space would be 100GB–storage is so incredibly cheap these days.
- The frames are NOT cheap, but worth the price
Overall, VERY happy with these products.”
Marianne is Nixplay’s Web Content Editor. Her hobbies include exploring new places, playing table tennis, and cuddling puppies. Send her a message at email@example.com.