10 Things Only Siblings Will Understand
By: Mars Salazar
You can choose your friends, but you cannot choose your siblings. That’s what makes your bond with your brother or sister so special: You’re stuck with each other through good times and bad times. You’re best friends one minute, only to be in a screaming match the next. But whatever happens, one thing’s for sure: You’ll always have each other’s backs, come what may.
This National Siblings Day, don’t forget to celebrate the truest ties that bind. Let’s start by listing some things you’ll definitely be able to relate to if you’ve got a brother or a sister (or both!).
1. People always tell you that you and your siblings look alike.
Of course, you’re the better-looking one. 😉
2. Annoying your siblings can be counted as one of your hobbies.
You’ve placed bugs on their desks, teased them mercilessly in front of their crushes, and would scare them every chance you get. It’s amazing you still love each other.
3. You’ve snooped through each other’s belongings and have borrowed (or taken) each other’s stuff without asking for permission.
And you always feel so triumphant when you return the item you borrowed without them noticing that it was gone in the first place! Speaking of borrowing things…
4. Your wardrobe doubles in size If you have a sibling who’s the same size as you.
More clothing options!
5. You can find hand-me-downs from your siblings in your wardrobe.
You’ve been into sustainability way before it was considered cool.
6. You’re extremely competitive.
There’s always some pressure to be better than your siblings, and you never waste an opportunity to prove that you’re smarter, stronger, and wittier than them–whether you’re showing your report card to your parents, or fighting over the last bag of chips in the pantry.
7. You’ve been called your sibling’s name several times in your life.
8. You’re bound to be referred to as “so-and-so’s sibling” at one point or another in your life.
Especially if you both study at the same school.
9. Your morning routine is timed down to the last minute.
That’s what happens when you have to share a bathroom with a sibling.
10. You’ll always love each other.
There may be times when you’ve wanted to pull each other’s hair out, but at the end of the day, they’ll always be the coolest people in your book, and you can’t imagine growing up without them by your side.
Join us as we celebrate National Siblings Day! Get up to 25% off selected Nixplay Frames, only until April 10!
Marianne is Nixplay’s Web Content Editor. Her hobbies include exploring new places, playing table tennis, and cuddling puppies. Send her a message at email@example.com.